Thursday, March 1, 2007

MAJOR PRAYER REQUEST!!!!!

I am trying to remain calm and remember that worrying changes NOTHING! I just got off the phone with my agency. Apparently there is a conference being held today with the President and 1st lady in Guatemala. If you do not already know this they are VERY anti-adoption. In this meeting they will decide the "fate" of international adoption in Guatemala.

I did not think too much of it at first, because we are at the end of our process, but my agency said that they could not promise anything right now. It may put adoptions on hold for several months or stop them all together. It MAY only apply to families who are just beginning their paperwork. While it is extremely unfortunate for them, I would hope that it would not affect those of us who already have our babies and are waiting to bring them home.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pray!!!!!!!! The blood is rushing to my head! Thanks! I will keep you posted!

No comments: