Saturday, March 17, 2007

He Makes ALL THINGS New!

I found something really great in one of the MANY books I am reading. My husband will vouch for the fact that I read WAY too much! It keeps me busy!

"At times we need to remind ourselves that God knows what He's doing. When we can't trace His hand, we MUST trust His heart!"

"For God sees a bigger picture than we do. And although He loves us with a tender passion, He will use whatever method is needed to make us more like His Son. Even if it hurts. Even when we struggle to understand. 'Behold I make all things new'"

When I look around at my circumstances, I do not understand AT ALL what He's doing with me. Almost daily He reminds me that I am not called to know, only to trust. Even though it hurts. Boy does it! Knowing these things in my heart doesn't always prevent me from having a crappy day! I do not doubt that God knows what He's doing. I'm even thankful that He is using me as a part of His plan. If He didn't do another thing for me while on this earth, the fact that He sacrificed His only son is reason enough for me to praise Him for the rest of my life. I have to keep reminding myself of that!

I have a lot to be thankful for. A wonderful husband. A wonderful, supportive family. Awesome friends. A great church (by the way, I will be posting pics of our new church soon!) A very fulfilling job. Next to a lot of people, I do not have anything to complain about. I thank God for that.

So, we sit. And wait. I have told God that the ONLY gift I want this Mother's Day is for our baby to be home! I know He hears me. I also know that He wants me to have him here. I just PRAY it's part of His plan. Thank you all for your prayers and your support! You are wonderful! I hope every one's having a great weekend so far. I'll be posting again soon!

4 comments:

Bekah said...

I am praying the Lord brings your sweet baby home for Mother's Day. That would be such an incredible gift. Thanks for this encouraging post. I do need to trust his heart even when I don't understand what all this waiting is for!

Rebecca said...

Andrea,

Your posts are always so uplifting! You are right! God is in control and he knows what he's doing.Sometimes it's hard to just trust and be patient, but ther is really no other alternative. If we don't do that, wee make ourselves nutz. I know last week I was feeling so sad and upset, then I pulled myself out of it. I know it was God....because I had so many people praying for me. I had a peace that came over me and has stayed with me.

I am praying that your angel is out of PGN very soon and that you will be bringing her home quickly!!! HUGS, Rebecca

Sherri said...

Hey Andrea,
I'm sorry to hear that you have a new church - we are missing you guys!! Love, Sherri

jajbs said...

I just found your blog this past week and I wanted to let you know that you have helped me in so many ways. We have been in PGN for 3 weeks and 1 day(we were resubmitted Mar.8 after a KO for no PA). This wait is hard. I am praying that my baby girl will be home with us for Mother's Day, too. I will pray for you that this will be the gift you receive this year!

Amanda