Monday, March 19, 2007

Why Do You Not Have Your Baby Yet?

I'm so glad that you asked. I had no intention of posting twice today. I had to share this before I went to bed. This is the MILLION DOLLAR question in the adoption process. So, I will tell you what God told me a few minutes ago.

I was getting really sad. Scott is gone to softball practice with the church and I am home alone. Sandi would not let me dress her up anymore, so I sat down to read my Bible. I was writing in my journal in HUGE BOLD letters that I was heavy hearted and tired. I told God that He HAD to speak to me concerning JP. I have been reading 1&2 Timothy. Right before I finished chapter 4 in 2Timothy, these words JUMPED off the page at me:

"But the Lord stood at my side and gave me His strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed." v.17
I have felt God with me throughout this process. With this verse He just reminded me that He's using me to proclaim His Word. And, b/c of this, He will bring JP home when He feels it's time. I do not have a choice but to trust that. I do not have to like it, but I can trust it. Just for the record, I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!!! But--I DO love Him! <><

8 comments:

Lori said...

Amen! We are through the process, but I haven't forgotten the pain of waiting!! Hang in there!! Please know I'm thinking of you today!

Bekah said...

I don't like it either but it's a lot more miserable of a wait if we don't trust him. Thanks again for sharing encouraging scripture.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog. I wish you were here to hang out with because none of my other friends understand. I think it is so funny that you put your dog in the stroller, highchair, and crib. I keep threatening to put my little dog, Bailey in the baby carrier and stroller and walk him down the street!! I think I might just do it. I need something to appease my aching heart. Also, reading about your walk with God is very comforting. I am not as sure of myself when it comes to HIM, but I grow more comfortable everyday. I definately feel comfort in knowing he is with me and he loves me.

Rebecca said...

Andrea,

Very inspiring post!!! I have gotten where I visit your blog anytime I feel sad. You always know the right things to say. You're right....we have to trust God. There is not other way!

Natalie said...

Just found your blog...thanks for the inspiring post!

And thanks for the hysterical laugh from your last post (the pics with your dog). That is so flippin funny! I needed that laugh!

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

Oh yes, HIS TIME...IT's hard to give up the control to Him but we must do it. I know I always had control of everything in my life and that's how I dealt with things but adoption was the first thing that I literally had NO control over....It was a struggle but I remember the day that I gave it all up to the Lord and from that day forward my entire outlook changed....And He did bring our girl home at the absolute best time for our family. I've heard other people say this before too, but we thought we were ready and looking back we weren't, our family wasn't but when she came home everything fell into place. The Lord is so smart.

Megan

Unknown said...

I hope you know the difference you are making to people's hearts with your blog. Your faithfulness to Him and His plan is a testimony in itself. Hang in there. He will see it through to completion.
Praying for you,
Daisy

Tracy said...

Thanks for those words. I am praying for you.
Tracy