Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday

I actually had a good day today. Yes, you heard me right! Today was good. When I went to bed last night I felt a sense of dread come over me. Being Monday definitely had something to do with it. We are short staffed at work. That had something to do with it. It was more than that--when I am around Scott and my family, I know that I do not have to perform. I can be sad if I want to. I can be happy, I can be mad. It doesn't matter. I can be myself, whatever that may be at that moment. At work, it's different. I work with preschoolers. I have a responsibility to teach them things. I feel like I have to be fun. I also work with 40 other women who are walking through various stages in their lives. Some good, some bad. At work, I am not the only one in a trial! I have to put on a face and get through the day. It's hard. BUT I did it today when I didn't think that I could. And you know what? That means that tonight when I am getting ready for bed and I do not feel like I can make it through tomorrow---I ALREADY KNOW THAT I CAN!!

I give God ALL the credit for that. "'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecution, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comment:

LouLou said...

Andrea,
I feel so weak right now. I think this is the lowest point for me since we started this adoption. I do know that from this weakness God will lift me up and make me a better person. He has blessed me with wonderful people like you who hold me up every day.

Love to you.