Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Poem for JP

I see you in my dreams.
I feel you in my heart.
How can I be complete
When we live so far apart?

When I look at you in pictures,
I see a light within your eyes.
The light in my eyes disappeared
The day I said, "good-bye!"

I know that you are happy.
You are well taken care of and safe;
But I long for you to be home with me
And recognize MY face!

God allows us to walk through valleys,
And I thank Him for my trials,
But my body is growing weary
As I wait for you, my child.

We are nearing the end of our journey.
I pray that soon you'll be in my arms.
I will raise you up to know the Lord
Who has carried us this far!

6 comments:

LouLou said...

Andrea, that was SO sweet. This explains perfectly how we all feel. Here's to babies to being home soon!

Bekah said...

Andrea, That is an awesome poem! It is a perfect explanation of what we are feeling!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem! I hope he comes home soon!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Andrea, that is so beautiful. You always bless my heart, and that poem is going to be very special to your little boy when he is older and can understand all that it took to bring him home to you. Thank you for always sharing your heart.
Daisy

Lori said...

Beautiful! Praying him home!!

Shana said...

Andrea, your poem is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it... I will pray that your adorable JP is home with you soon!

Hugs, Shana (Sophie Lu & Ollie's mom)