Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Great Adoption Reads!

This is a great book that talks about the day a family brings their adopted child home to live with them! Adoptive families get to celebrate "Happy Birthdays" AND "Happy Adoption Days!" Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife, MaryBeth tell the story of how they brought their first little girl home from China!

This is my brand new book (compliments of my girl, Keri.) I like this one because it is from the child's viewpoint and talks about how just because you may not look like your mommy or daddy does not mean you are not a part of their forever family!! A family is more than genetics.
This is my adoption library so far. I would love to be introduced to others if you know of any!! I look forward to sharing them with JP when he gets older. What a wonderful way to introduce him to how God brought him into our family!


4 comments:

LouLou said...

"A Mother for Choco" is wonderful! I love to find adoption books!!

Anne said...

Hi, Andrea! I gave "Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born" by Jamie Lee Curtis to my sister-in-law when my nephew's adoption was finalized. She loves the book.

I hope you're doing well today. What a dreary, rainy day, huh?

Anne, Archie, Kit and Jack

Anonymous said...

Andrea~
I just stumbled upon your blog. I will definitely check back to see how things progress for you.

I have two wonderful books to share that I absolutely love:
"A Blessing from Above" (I'm not sure of the author, but it is a Golden Book.) My cousin gave me this and it is definitely one of my favorites :)

The other book I love is "On The Night You Were Born" by Nancy Tillman. This one is not adoption specific, but it is a beautiful story with gorgeous illustrations. I bought a bunch of these to give to my adoptive mom friends and I happen to have one left. I'd be happy to send it to you if you email me your address. I'm sure you'll love it too!

I hope you get out of PGN very soon! We are waiting to get out as well - ugh!!

All the best,
Caryn

Anonymous said...

I forgot to give you my email address. It is bink327@sbcglobal.net.

Caryn