Wednesday, April 18, 2007


Sunday morning when the band began playing "Praise You in the Storm," my heart started racing. I went to the altar fell on my knees and began thanking God for allowing us to exit PGN. I stayed there throughout the entire song. I sang, raised my hands and wept! I promised Him that I would serve Him come rain or shine. All the days of my life.
I thought the storm had ended. I had no idea that the very next morning I would be swept away by an even stronger wind.
Friday night at the Beth Moore conference, she talked about living in a pit. One that is thrown at you. One that you have absolutely NO control over. Again, I praised my way through that evening. Singing, crying and thanking God that I was out of my "pit." Little did I know, God was using her to speak to me the whole time. Looking back on this weekend, I can see how God tried to equip me with the tools I would need to handle this final stretch. He knew that I would receive that dreadful phone call Monday afternoon. He knew what it was going to do to me. So, in an attempt to help me out, He sent me to the conference where my favorite Bible teacher would use His Word to teach me how to stand in the face of the storm.
Boy, am I glad that I paid attention. I know that God wants me to come to him with my requests. He wants me to fall on my knees and ask Him to send JP home. I also know that He wants JP to come home. Beth Moore said that when you present your request to God and He doesn't answer it the way you had hoped He would---it's because He's up to something bigger! I have to believe that.
It's very hard for me to accept all of this. I was certain that the whole weekend was set up to celebrate the passing of a storm. I never dreamed it was preparing me to enter one. I am very sad. I am crying ALOT! I am tired of waiting. I am tired of experiencing the highs and lows of this adoption. I am not looking forward to Mother's Day and it's almost unbearable to think of how much longer my baby will stay in PGN. BUT----I WILL PRAISE HIM THROUGH THIS STORM! And when it's finally over, He will get the glory for it.

7 comments:

LouLou said...

Your attitude is so amazing and gives us all inspiration. You are influencing people from all over this country and being a wonderful example of a true servant for Christ. I love what you quoted from Beth Moore. God is planning HUGE things for all our little ones. I truly believe that our storms are almost over!

love and hugs!

jajbs said...

You are such a testimony to God's power at work in someone's life. I believe that He has BIG plans for your family and He is working (even now, through this) to accomplish them. I am praying for you.

Amanda

Bekah said...

Andrea, you are such a beautiful testimony of trusting the Lord and His plan for you and JP. I can't imagine the hurt that Monday brought and how much it still hurts but you are an encouragement to me. God is planning something HUGE for our babies!

Jewels of My Heart said...

((((BIG HUG))))) while I was waiting for Hannah to come home from China the Lord ministered to me through that same song. I am sorry for your grief and I know how difficult and at times overwhelming it can be. Hold fast, stay the coarse, this too shall pass. It's ok to cry and be sad, the awesome thing is that you are keeping your eyes fixed upon Jesus... He is faithful and He has your little one wrapped in His loving arms.
God's Speed
Daleea

Jami said...

Andrea, I am praying for you as you experience the storm right now. One day soon, you will be looking into JP's face and telling him how worth all this he is! Thanks for your example to us all.

Rose said...

There is always a reason for everything. It may not seem right in our mind but something good will comeout of this. Prayers for you and JP coming your way! Rose

Andrea said...

You all are TOO sweet!! Thank you so much for all of your comments, prayers and concerns!!!!