Monday, December 3, 2012

black and white & a little bit about JP


I have been playing around with the settings on my new phone.  Tonight I was editing pictures, but for some reason this is the only one I was able to successfully upload onto the blog.  Kathi will be happy about that...LOL.  Oh well, I'll keep working on it.

I just crawled in to bed and you cannot hear me, but I just let out a big sigh.  For reasons that I am not able to share, (or I will not share), this has been a very emotional week for me.  The funny thing is, today is only Monday.  It's another one of those nights when I am not sure what to write.  The thing that is weighing heaviest on my heart, I am not willing to share at this point.  So as not to bore you to death with meaningless ramblings, I thought I would list for you a handful of things that I love most about JP.  Right now, at this moment in his little life.  Sure, our family and close friends may be the only ones who will enjoy and/or appreciate it, but here goes...


I love...
  • the way JP wakes up (without fail) every morning and asks me for a soda with his breakfast b/c he "woke up on the right side of the bed."  Even though the answer is always the same.
  • the way he refuses to eat colored Goldfish b/c he thinks they taste different than the yellow ones.
  • how he randomly calls me into a room just to tell me that he loves me so much.
  • how every DVR in the house is slam full of television shows that no one in the house watches, just because he likes to hit the record button on the remote.
  • how he loves his baby cousin.
  • how mannerly he is.
  • how he apologizes after being mad or throwing one of his "fits" because he's genuinely sorry and not because I have to tell him to.
  • how you will NEVER catch him without a shirt on, but he sheds his pants the minute he walks through the front door.  (Unless we have company, of course!)
  • how he loves for me to scratch his back "on the inside," which is underneath his shirt.
  • how he won't fall asleep at night without hearing "How He Loves"  by David Crowder Band on the Ipod.
  • how (but am not proud) he knows most of the lyrics to every Maroon 5 and Katy Perry song that comes on the radio.  Thank you, KIDZ BOP!
  • how he knows and really understands his back story.  It melts my heart to lay in the bed with him before he falls asleep and hear him say, "Mommy, tell me the JP story."  He is so proud of where he came from.  And I can already tell that God has instilled in him a heart for children who are less fortunate.
  • to listen to him pray.  And when I tell him that we need to remember to pray for something or someone, he immediately drops whatever he's doing and says, "Mommy, let's pray now." 
  • how I've just recently been able to convince him not to check out the same book from the library every single week at school.
  • how I can always tell when he's really sleepy because his raggedy old stuffed cat's tail will be in his ear. (Yes, you read that correctly...it's a security thing, I guess.)
  • his laughter and his humor.
  • how smart he is.
  • to listen to him read.  Even if it is a Power Ranger manual that we've read a MILLION times!
  • most of all how often he lets me hold/hug on him.  And while I do, he rubs my hair and tells me how beautiful I am.  It literally doesn't matter if anyone else in this world thinks a thing of me...hearing JP tell me that (almost daily) fills my cup.


"Children are a heritage from the Lord..."  Psalm 127:3
 
 
Thank You Lord for blessing me so greatly.  You have given me TWO of Your sons.  One saved my soul.  The other gives meaning and purpose to my day.  May I never take either of them for granted.

No comments: