Monday, December 17, 2012

sad

It is safe to say that this has been a sad week.  For everybody.  The tragedy that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary has cast a very dark cloud over our nation.  It's funny (not literally) because there have been so many mass shootings over the past few years.  However, I have to say that this one hit me a lot harder than the others.  So many children.  So young.  Innocent.  And I'm sure it has everything to do with the fact that my son is the age of the majority of the victims.  I cannot fathom the heartache of the ones who were left behind.   So very sad.  My thoughts and prayers definitely go out to the families and friends of these precious souls.  Notice I said my heart goes out to the ones left behind.  I'm not broken for the children.  They are sitting at the feet of Jesus.  Each one of them crossed the finish line and have been awarded the ultimate Prize. 

In light of this,  today I began to think about life.  Actually, I have done a lot of thinking over the past few months about my life.  But this week especially.  I am learning the hard way that I do not have the control that I thought I had.  None of us do.  Not even close.  Life can be unexpected.  Complicated.  Painful.  I guess, as a Christian, I shouldn't be surprised.  But I usually am. 

When events take place that are beyond our control, we are given a choice.  We can allow them to define who we are by dwelling on the negative and camping out under the question, "Why." Or we can accept what Satan throws at us and search for God in our circumstances.  I promise He is there.  It may be hard to see Him at first.  Especially if your vision is blurred from the smoke of your disappointment.  Whatever you do, do not stop looking.  Trust me, you have to find Him!  He is the ONLY way you will be able to climb out of the valley you are in.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.  This is a great week at work for me, because we get out for Christmas break Wednesday!!  I cannot wait!

No comments: