Saturday, December 29, 2012

the lies he tells


Once again, this picture has nothing to do with this post.  I am just aware that the majority of you do not swing by this site to read my ramblings.  You come here for photos of the very cute children who live in my house!!  So, I thought I would share this one...I took this today right before me and the munchkin took a two hour nap together.  FUN TIMES!!

It's funny how our emotions can change on a dime, isn't it?!  Although my world has been flipped upside down in the recent months, I think that I have handled my circumstances pretty well if I do say so myself.  Don't get me wrong, I have shed buckets of tears and asked God many, many questions.  But overall, He has really taken hold of my emotions and allowed me to experience His peace throughout this new journey.  The kind of peace that passes ALL MY UNDERSTANDING.  And I thank Him for that every single day.  Well, today things have been very different for me, and I cannot explain why.  When I woke up, Satan must have cheered.  He had his equipment on hand and immediately began setting up camp in my mind.  JP and I began our day with a devotion and a prayer.  I'm ashamed to admit that even my time in the Word didn't help.  I know that it's not God's fault.  It's all me.  For whatever reason, I have allowed Satan to get the best of me all day.  I have listened to the lies he has whispered in my ears.  I even began to believe them.  It is because of this that I am typing this post with red, puffy eyes. 

I share my thoughts and feelings on here for two reasons.  One, so that I can have a written record of my walk and Two, in the hopes that what I go through might help others, even if in some small way.  I usually hear from several of you and I am thankful for those friendships that I have formed through my trials.  It means the world to have people around you who understand where you are.  And your pain. 

So, the moral of this post is this...  GUARD YOUR HEART AND YOUR MIND!  "Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:7 When you are in the valley or even on the mountain top, Satan is prowling around just looking for that perfect moment to STRIKE out against you!  " Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."  1 Peter 5:8   I was reminded by a sweet, sweet friend of mine today that Satan is a LIAR!!  Therefore, his job is to fling lies in our direction, often times hitting us where it hurts the most.  Unfortunately, he's been successful in his attempts today.  But, before I curl up in my bed alone tonight my number one priority will be to open God's Word and ask Him to shield my heart against these attacks.  If you are experiencing a similar battle, I urge you to do the same!  Look Satan in the face and remind him of where he belongs!!

In hell. 

No comments: