Tuesday, June 5, 2007

BUBBA'S COMIN'




My niece, MacKenzie calls JP "bubba." It's a really cool story actually.
When I was little, I called my older brother, (who has passed away), "bubba." To this day, if we refer to him, our family calls him "bubba."

One day MacKenzie was over at our house playing. She picked up a picture frame w/ JP's picture in it and carried it around. I kept saying, "Kenzie, that's JP.." I would say it often, b/c I wanted her to become familiar with his name. ANYWAY.... the next time we kept her she went to the same picture. I said, "Kenzie, who is that?" She hugged the frame and said, "bubba!"

No one knows where she got that from. No one she knows has that name and we were referring to him as JP. I thought it was cool since we named our JP after my brother, JP.

MacKenzie is getting very excited about "bubba" coming! It will be fun introducing him to her. Until now, he has been a picture frame!!

2 comments:

theowensclan said...

Kenzie is such a smart girl. I can't wait for her to see J.P. in person. I hope you can get some pictures of their first meeting.

Karen D. said...

Such a cute story! I can't wait to read all about Kenzie's first meeting with Bubba!!!

Hugs!
Karen