Monday, May 21, 2007

HOME....
....IS WHERE THE HEART IS!!

I am slipping to the end of my sanity rope. I can feel it. It has taken a while, but it's finally happening. I was talking with some of my co-workers today. I told them that it's getting harder to muster up the energy to function on a daily basis. I noticed it when I woke up this morning. I knew it would be a low day for me. I can tell the moment my feet hit the floor. The heavier my legs feel, the more difficult the day will be to walk through.

I began to wonder why this happens so often. I mean, I know why emotionally it's hard. That's obvious. I'm talking about the physical part. When I say that my legs are heavy---I actually mean it's hard to walk! They hurt. And some days, my whole body hurts. When we began this adoption journey, I knew that it would be emotionally hard. But why would I hurt physically? I realized why this afternoon.


My heart.

The purpose of the heart is to pump blood through your body. All other organs rely on your heart to get the blood flowing. Without blood flow, your body suffers.


I've come to realize that my heart is not capable of functioning properly because a part of it is missing. It's in another country. How can I expect my heart to do it's job when I'm only housing a part of it?! I am so relieved to discover this. I was beginning to worry! Now I know that what is happening to me is normal, given my circumstances. You all know my prayer--that God would allow me to be reunited with the other part of my heart very soon! Once this happens, I will feel like a brand new woman--emotionally and physically!




8 comments:

theowensclan said...

Andrea, this post is so real. Literally and metaphorically. You speak straight from the heart. And "where where your treasure is, there your heart will also be". I know you love the Lord, and I am so proud to call you my friend. You have been an inspiration to me, even during the storm. Thank you for reminding me and showing me how real God is, everday. In His love, Kathi

LouLou said...

We are all praying that you get that wonderful call soon!

Aim said...

We are praying for you and hope you hear some good news this week. Take Care!

Rebecca said...

Andrea, I know how hard it is honey. Just keep praying and know that it will happen soon! It's hard to believe that we have been home for over a month now. Your life is going to be more wonderful than you ever imagined. ;-))

Hugs, Rebecca

jajbs said...

You have been on my heart alot today. I am praying for you. God hears your prayer and I know He will send the call soon!

Amanda

JuJu - said...

Thinking about you and praying for you too:)

Julia:)

theowensclan said...

Excercesing your faith will strengthen the heart.

Andrea said...

Ha! Ha! Ha!